Monday, February 28, 2011

Kinect Dance Central: Downloadable Songs


Dance Central with 240 Microsoft PointsAs I mentioned in one of my previous blogs, my family loves playing Dance Central on our Kinect. It's a really fun way to get exercise. In the past, we've been reluctant to do cardio because it's so boring. But this game has pretty much solved that problem for us. I've played it for hours at a time and before I knew it, I've burned hundreds of calories. 


We've played through all the songs multiple times, so now we've started downloading the new songs to add to the ones it came with. You use Microsoft Points to buy additional songs for the game. The new songs are about $3.00 each, but I figure we'd spend a lot more than that if we went to an arcade and played games for 30 minutes. And I know we'll get more than 30 minutes out of each song we download. Plus it's ours to keep forever, and if it works the same as the Rock Band games, then we'll be able to play them in Dance Central 2 as well. 


Since I don't follow music as closely as I used to, I don't always recognize the new songs by their names. I have to search the web looking for the song so I can see if I like it. I'm always wishing someone would make a list of all the downloadable songs with links so I don't have to go looking around for them. Well, since nobody else seems to have a list, I figured I'd make one for other people to use. So here is my list of Dance Central DLC as of March 2011:


Dance Central Downloadable Songs **
** I have no desire to violate any copyright laws. I know that Youtube removes any videos that violate copyright laws. Thus if a video is permitted to stay on Youtube, I assume it must be permissible. If anyone from Microsoft reads this and would prefer if I not post links to these videos, please let me know and I will remove the links. I am a simply a satisfied Kinect customer who wishes to help other Kinect customers find DLC they may enjoy. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for doing this!!! Are there more songs? Or are these all that they have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to you go about getting the new games for DAnce Central?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hook your Xbox up to an internet connection. Then you can choose to get more songs from the menu in Dance Central.

    ReplyDelete