Friday, February 25, 2011

Gym Equipment Hogs

Has this ever happened to you?


I just hate it when I'm at the gym and someone is monopolizing multiple machines at the same time. I understand that sometimes people like to do super-sets, but they need to remember that they don't own the place. This sort of behavior seems to be more common when the gym is relatively empty than when the gym is full. These equipment hogs realize they can't get away with it when there's lots of other people around. I actually saw a guy rotating between four different machines one time. 


I've learned that usually the best way to deal with this is to talk to them about it politely. Rather than just jumping in and exchanging dirty looks, say "can I use this while you're on the other machine?" More often than not, they'll give in and agree to let you use it. If they're being really stubborn about it, you could talk to a manager. But I would probably just let it go. Unless they're a regular at the gym who is always hogging the equipment. But typically it seems like it's the guests who have bad gym etiquette. The regular attenders are usually more polite. 



2 comments: